Friday 29 December 2006

Sea&Sea YS-110 is finally available

The long awaited Sea&Sea YS-110 is finally available in the stores. Although it has been launched for quite a while, availability has been very limited around the World. I got myself two pairs of them and will post a review as soon as I have the chance to properly test them. My first impressions are:

Pros

  • Small size - ideal for travelling
  • Beam angle - 105ºx105º with diffuser
  • Built-in LED light

Cons

  • Noise while operating - ideal to catch sharks' curiosity when shark diving
  • Small size of the strobe makes it more negatively buoyant that the YS-90

If you are interested in this strobe or in any other UW photography item I recommend you to talk with Ron from Scubacam. Ron provides a great service and I cannot recommend him enough. I am also available in anything I can help with.

No comments: